Postdoctoral Fellow in Game Theory, Economic Design, Computational Economics, and Discrete Mathematics
Laboratory of Game Theory and Decision Making, HSE-St. Petersburg
The Higher School of Economics Laboratory of Game Theory and Decision Making in St. Petersburg, Russia, invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of Game Theory, Economic Design, Computational Economics, and Discrete Mathematics.
The general requirements for the postdoctoral fellowship positions are the following:
- Candidates must hold a recent Ph.D. or be close to completion in the field of Economics, Theoretical Computer Science or Mathematics or related areas which was awarded over the last 5 years or received before starting work at HSE in a relevant field by an internationally recognized university and have been assessed by external reviewers as having the potential to pursue research that is publishable in leading peer-reviewed journals;
- Fluent English is an obligatory condition as research and other activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of Russian is not required;
- Relevant experience will be an asset although not required.
The position involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Prof. Herve Moulin, lab’s academic supervisor;
- participants are encouraged to pursue their own research along with working on the Laboratory of Game Theory and Decision Making research projects such as:
● market design & mechanism design
● game theory: strategic, algorithmic, and applied
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the Lab;
- participation in the events of the Lab and other contributions to the Lab’s development;
- public presentations of candidate’s own research to the academic community;
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
Appointments are made for one year. Postdoctoral fellows have an opportunity to renew the contract (no more than two times).
HSE University offers postdoctoral fellows a competitive salary, the standard medical insurance plan, a working space equipped with a computer, and free Internet access at the University.
Applications must be submitted online. Please provide a CV, a statement of research interest, and a recent research paper submitted via the online application form. At least two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the International Faculty Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org before the application deadline. Please note that direct applications to the hiring laboratory may not be reviewed.
Read more about the application process here.
The deadline for the applications is February 6, 2022.
For more information:
- about Postdoctoral Fellowship - Frequently Asked Questions;
- about HSE university – official web-site;
- about the Laboratory of Game Theory and Decision Making – official web-site of the Laboratory or contact the following members of the Lab: Herve Moulin (Herve.Moulin@glasgow.ac.uk) and Anna Bogomolnaia (Anna.Bogomolnaia@glasgow.ac.uk), the academic supervisors; Alexander Nesterov (email@example.com), the laboratory head; Elena Kusharina (firstname.lastname@example.org), the manager;
- about our former postdocs:https://game.hse.ru/en/research_fellow;
- about international specialists' life in Russia - International Faculty Support.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact the International Faculty Recruitment Office at email@example.com