Postdoctoral Fellowship 2020/2021
The Higher School of Economics Laboratory of Game Theory and Decision Making in St. Petersburg, Russia, invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the field of Game Theory, Economic Design, Computational Economics, and Discrete Mathematics.
About HSE University
The Higher School of Economics (HSE University) is a young, dynamic and fast-growing Russian research university. Over the past 25 years, HSE University has become a leader in Russian education, while also being recognized globally.
For instance, we were the first state-run university in Russia to begin recruiting on the international academic market. We aim at being a university with a highly attuned approach to training new professionals. Therefore, we are eager to hire people with real experience, as well as basic and applied knowledge. Committed to high-quality research, HSE University now has more than 100 research institutes and centres and over 30 international research laboratories collaborating with international specialists from all over the world.
The general requirements for the postdoctoral fellowship positions are the following:
- Candidates must hold a recent Ph.D. or be close to completion in the field of Economics, Theoretical Computer Science or Mathematics or related areas;
- They must be assessed by external reviewers (via recommendation letters) as having the potential to pursue research that is publishable in leading peer-reviewed journals;
- Fluent English is an obligatory condition as research and other activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of Russian is not required;
- Relevant experience will be an asset although not required.
The position involves:
- working under the direct supervision of Prof. Herve Moulin, lab’s academic supervisor;
- participants are encouraged to pursue their research along with working on the Laboratory of Game Theory and Decision Making research projects such as:
- market design & mechanism design
- game theory: strategic, algorithmic, and applied
- writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the Lab;
- participation in the events of the Lab and other contribution to the Lab’s development;
- public presentations of candidate’s research to the academic community;
- some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
Appointments are normally made for one year. Postdoctoral fellows have an opportunity of renewal of the contract (no more than two times).
HSE University offers postdoctoral fellows a competitive salary, the standard medical insurance plan, working space and a travel budget.
Applications must be submitted online. Please provide a CV, a statement of research interest and a recent research paper submitted via an online application form. At least two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the International Faculty Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org before the application deadline. Please note that direct applications to the hiring laboratory may not be reviewed.
Read more about the application process here.
The deadline for the applications is February 9, 2020.
For more information:
- about Postdoctoral Fellowship - Frequently Asked Questions
- about HSE university – official web-site
- about the Laboratory of Game Theory and Decision Making – official web-site of the Laboratory https://game.hse.ru/en/ or contact the following members of the Lab:
- Herve Moulin (Herve.Moulin@glasgow.ac.uk) and Anna Bogomolnaia (Anna.Bogomolnaia@glasgow.ac.uk), the academic supervisors;
- Alexander Nesterov (email@example.com), the laboratory head;
- Venera Bagranova (firstname.lastname@example.org), the manager.
- about international specialists' life in Russia - International Faculty Support page
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact the International Faculty Recruitment Office at email@example.com
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.